Friday, July 17, 2009

Cody's Clinic Visit! :)

Cody has his clinic visit today. I keep notes from each visit and last night I looked back at my notes. He had just had his braces for about 3 months when we last went. The PT there told me to start standing him at the couch and see if he would cruise at all. She also mentioned putting two dining room chairs together and put him between them like parallel bars. Well, our PT here had parallel bars so she brought them and Cody started using them. Then in December, he started moving the walker and taking a couple of steps. Since then he's been unstoppable.

Cody WALKED into his clinic appt today! :) He stood on the scale to get weighed like a big guy! (This is the kid who I was told would never walk!)

The Physical Therapist and Physical Medicine Doctor were VERY IMPRESSED with him. He was walking all over the place for them! They just want us to keep doing what we're doing. They said he needs to get his braces adjusted since he's grown so much but he'll keep the same level of bracing.

His kidneys and bladder are doing great! We will have more tests done next summer to see what our options are for bladder control.

Anyway, this was the best appointment we've had for Cody. I was so happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love visits like that! We are so happy for you and your family! We still need to have lunch!

    ReplyDelete