Thursday, March 31, 2011

Over a year........

I have my blog address on a spina bifida board I belong to. A mom I've been messaging on the board said she saw my blog..........I told her I hadn't updated it for a while.........wow.......it's definetly been a while! One of the last things I wrote was that Casey had just gotten his 2nd nine weeks report card for 1st grade...............well today, he got his 3rd nine weeks report card for 2nd grade! LOL! (All A's again) :) Cody and Connor are now in preschool and LOVING it! :) They are doing great. Cody walks all day at school. Socially, they are little men! LOL! They are so verbal and doing great with their preschool work. They are still with their wonderful baby-sitter 3 days a week and at preschool 2 days/week. Connor started playing t-ball this winter. Cody signed up but REFUSED to play! LOL! Connor is loving it! Casey is in 2nd grade as I said. He is LOVING it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) He's doing very well with his school work. He's signed up to to play soccer and coach pitch this spring/summer. We are going to be busy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    I stumbled upon your blog, and reading few of the entries has given me a very meaningful inside perspective about having a child affected by spina bifida. I am inspired by your courage and touched by the pictures of your family that I had to reach out. My name is Courtney Beyer, and I am the new Study Coordinator at VitaPath Genetics. Earlier this year, we successfully completed the first phase of our landmark study looking at the genetic factors contributing to spina bifida. In conjunction with our academic collaborators at Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI), Stanford, UC Berkeley and UCSF, we recruited over 1,000 women and their child affected by spina bifida to participate.

    Our first phase produced promising results but, we believe that it is appropriate for us to replicate this study in a second, independent group of mothers. We are beginning our second study in early January and are reaching out to more mothers to participate. In order to reach as many women as possible, I would very much appreciate if you could include news about the study in your blog. I also have banners and buttons if you would like to post something on your site. In addition it would be great to connect with you via facebook (search SB Genetics) and twitter @sbgenetics.

    I would like to get in contact with you to share more information and answer any questions that you may have. Please email me at CBeyer@vpgenetics.com and visit www.sbgenetics.org. This website gives an in depth explanation of the study as well as a link if you are interested in enrolling. Thank you for taking the time to read my note and I am greatly looking forward to being in contact.

    Warmest regards and happy holidays,

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete